Saturday, October 31, 2009

Heard this week in class

The thing about having very smart teachers is they use Vocabulary in a precise way.
As Ross Perot would say, "I am all ears..." to hearing new terms, so fire away.

The Business of Art class had for today the agenda of Accounting principles, which were nicely simplified into a couple of math formulas.

I need to learn this Accounting STRUCTURE to keep track of the money aspects of THE BUSINESS that is bobsart ART.
I have to make Balance Sheets and Income Statements.
I didn't THINK I had any Income.
The Couch Cash was spent months ago.

My business needs to have strong Goodwill established so it can be Porting this into successful Transitions of Work.
It needs to avoid Execution Problems by anticipating Downtime Factors and learn How to Track to Monitor and Generate the right Reports.
The Business has to start Projecting Revenue and Expenses and find the Break Even Point.
On the way to the Bank I check my pocket dictionary for Return On Investment (ROI).

I wonder if Roy's restaurant was created so Roy could cook or so Roy could have a Roi.

I ponder more.
How is the storage capacity holding up against the Inventory Cycle?
If I get too many referrals will that cause problems with my Fulfillment service?
I realize the need to Punch Out One Message, hard and often. The Use of Point of Purchase displays is consistent with using e-mail Blasts and E-vites.
Are there enough deductions to protect the income and still have favorable comparisons to similar-industry's Run Ratios.

What is my Flex Number and does it really mean that my Net Worth is Negative?
I have to go now and find the Gating Item, because my Opportunity Cost is going too fast.
If I can just Identify and get to my Demographics with Podcasts or Facebook, I'll be fine.
And cooly DIGITAL, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment